In the last week, we have been watching some speakers talk on some of the bigger ideas that are dominating in the field of physics as well as in science in general. You have had the opportunity to hear some of the brightest and most knowledgeable people speak. You are asked to write a reflection on some of the things you have seen and what your thoughts, opinions or questions are after hearing these speeches.
This is a very open-ended reflection. You may choose to speak on one video or idea or talk about the broader issues that each video touched on. Some prompters to get you started:
- Do you feel more certain or less certain about science now that you have heard the assumptions that are necessary for quantum mechanics to be true?
- What are some questions that have been raised?
- What are your thoughts on the super collider? In light of the recent failures, is this a project worthy of the investment?
- Is pursuing the super collider experiment ethical?
- Did Richard Dawkins raise fair points about the difference between faith and science or was he biased in his representation?
- Do you think that that other dimensions could exist?
The reflection may be written in first-voice but should have correct grammar, spelling and be well organized. The reflection should be between 200-250 words and can be emailed to me. Please complete your reflection by Monday, June 8th (email should be received by 8AM).